I like a discount, which is why I like to make a bee-line for the discount aisle whenever I go to my local supermarket.
Some supermarkets will only have one place they put their discounts, and others will have one per department.
My supermarket has 5 different locations, that I know.
They will sometimes move location, and change when they reduce to keep you guessing.
- Item has couple days left “Best Before” or “Sell by” date and only a few items left.
- Item is damaged.
- Item is being discontinued.
Recommendation: Buy if you are going to use the item today.
- Item has couple days left “Best Before” or “Sell by” date and lots of items left.
- Any of the above reasons and its been a while
- End of season for seasonal items
Recommendation: Buy if you are going to use the item today, or tomorrow, or you can freeze.
- Late, and today is before end date
- Pallets of stock that is very close to “Best Before” or “Sell by” date
- End of season for seasonal items, and there aren’t many left
Recommendation: Buy if you have any use and can store them. Christmas cards and decorations are usually in category in January.
Check out the discount aisle/shelf in your supermarket next time you go.
You won’t always find what you are looking for, but may be it might inspire you to try something new.